Week 5 - KMEA Conference
This will be a very short week for at school since I will be attending our annual Kentucky Music Educator's Conference downtown. This is a 3 day conference that starts on Thursday morning and ends on Saturday. This is one of my favorite events of the year, because I am able to reconnect with colleagues and discuss all of the innovations and new technologies they are using in their classrooms. I intend on attending a couple sessions that are specifically dealing with the integration of technology in the music classroom. One session I am particularly excited to attend is MusicFirst: Perfect for Assessment,
Instruction, Improvement & Creativity
Clinician: James Frankel, Music First, New York, NY. MusicFirst is a company that helps seamlessly incorporate technology in the music classroom. Their website is https://www.musicfirst.com and has lots of videos that explain how they operate. I am excited to see what I can learn from this clinic and share it in my blog, as well as how I plan to use it in the classroom.
I also intend on having lots of chats with my colleagues who are also using the Yamaha harmony director keyboard and picking their brain about how they use it in their classrooms. Since I won't be in the classroom much this week, I though I would simply blog about my anticipation of learning new technologies and how to use them. Check back for an update about what I learned at the 2019 KMEA Conference!
I also intend on having lots of chats with my colleagues who are also using the Yamaha harmony director keyboard and picking their brain about how they use it in their classrooms. Since I won't be in the classroom much this week, I though I would simply blog about my anticipation of learning new technologies and how to use them. Check back for an update about what I learned at the 2019 KMEA Conference!
Having the opportunity to attend conferences in our field is always special and you can learn so much from presenters as well as colleagues. I was able to attend the Reading Recovery conference last year for the first time and I took so much away from it!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a great opportunity! Sometimes we benefit the most from being in the same room as other teachers, bouncing ideas off each other and sharing ideas. One of my favorite conferences I have attended, ISTE gave many opportunities for teachers to gather in small groups to learn and share with one another. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great that the KMEA is offering sessions on how to incorporate technology in the classroom! Attending conferences is very beneficial in getting to chat with colleagues in your content area. Many times as a related arts teacher, I never had the chance to talk to people in my content and that is always a great way to get new ideas and see what works for others and bring it back to your classroom. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete