Week 8 - Sound Cloud Implementation
Today I pulled a small group of students to test out my idea of implementing Sound Cloud into my advanced band class. I uploaded recordings of a few of the pieces we are rehearsing in class and made them available to the students on the mobile app. Uploading the recordings was simple, mainly because I had already purchased them and had the mp3 files available. Students found the app very accessible and user friendly. They also confirmed my theory that this app makes it simple for them to login and listen immediately.
My second idea for using this technology was to have the students record audio files and send them to me in the app. This wasn't quite as simple as I had hoped. The process is a little involved and honestly I will probably just end up using Google classroom for their submissions.
In comparing the two tools, Google Classroom and Sound Cloud, sound cloud is simpler to access and readily available for student use, while Google classroom is a little more difficult to access. A positive about using Google classroom is that I can upload youtube video recordings, which are free, as well as other informational youtube videos for my students to watch. While this tool isn't as readily accessible, it is still much more versatile. The app for Sound Cloud makes it more attractive to students, but it is much more limited for me to upload.
My intent was to find one piece of technology that will serve all of my need AND be attractive to the students. As of now I might use Sound Cloud for certain projects, but Google Classroom is still a GREAT tool.
My quest continues!
My second idea for using this technology was to have the students record audio files and send them to me in the app. This wasn't quite as simple as I had hoped. The process is a little involved and honestly I will probably just end up using Google classroom for their submissions.
In comparing the two tools, Google Classroom and Sound Cloud, sound cloud is simpler to access and readily available for student use, while Google classroom is a little more difficult to access. A positive about using Google classroom is that I can upload youtube video recordings, which are free, as well as other informational youtube videos for my students to watch. While this tool isn't as readily accessible, it is still much more versatile. The app for Sound Cloud makes it more attractive to students, but it is much more limited for me to upload.
My intent was to find one piece of technology that will serve all of my need AND be attractive to the students. As of now I might use Sound Cloud for certain projects, but Google Classroom is still a GREAT tool.
My quest continues!
Thanks for sharing about this on the online class and your blog this week! While I teach Kindergarten instead of Music, I enjoyed hearing how you incorporate this to make it work with your students. It is relevant, user friendly and I'm sure they enjoy using it too!
ReplyDeleteMarc,
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of using Sound Cloud in the classroom! Even having students record their voices, a poem, or song that they create could be a great way to engage them. I had never considered this before. Thank you for sharing how you used this in your classroom!
I am glad to hear that you are willing to try new ways of using technology in you classroom even though it is experimental and you haven't quite found the best tool yet! Any way to engage students more even if uploading isn't possible is successful if you ask me!
ReplyDelete