Week 15 - Blogger Review -Video Tips from Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band: When It Goes Off the Rails

I found this part of the blog assignment each week to be the toughest part of the assignment. I quickly found that the music ed blogs I could find, did not update them regularly, therefore I was forced to find other resources, that were honestly more helpful! And as Professor Brown stated in our second synchronous class meeting, the point of this assignment was to teach us how to find things that will help us implement new technologies in our classrooms.
For the final week I found one of the most fun blog posts yet! It was the third video in a three part series for Jazz Appreciation Month. In this blog/video members of Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band share tips on what to do when your live performance take an unexpected turn. This was very informative for my students a lot of fun! Anytime you can listen to professional musicians play and then talk about their playing, your students have an opportunity to learn things they could never learn from me. The tips and tricks they share and the the stories they tell are informative and entertaining. I showed this video to my students and they had a great time! The video can be found at https://youtu.be/6CWHLetPCH0.
Yay! I'm glad that you found a good blog for music. I bet your students enjoyed getting to listen to professional Jazz musicians. Happy Jazz Month!
ReplyDeleteBest Regards,
Jannelle Schneider