Week 15 - Yamaha Harmony Director Wrap up!
In my final week of the semester I reflect on how this blog assignment has held me accountable to not only use this new technology in my classroom, it has increased my students learning exponentially. I have obtained the ability to demonstrate intervals that
are out-of-tune, help students recognize the beats of
interference, and adjust the notes individually to make
the interval perfectly in tune, and to model perfectly
adjusted chords.
Finally, I would like to share that learning to better teach intonation has been very enjoyable for me. My own listening skills and the performance skills of my ensembles have improved noticeably in
the past couple of months. Music education students are beginning to learn this information in college, becoming comfortable using the tools available in a more efficient way. It is exciting to see that, with better information and improved instruction, we can help our students master these skills, further improving the performance of our ensembles at Butler.
Finally, I would like to share that learning to better teach intonation has been very enjoyable for me. My own listening skills and the performance skills of my ensembles have improved noticeably in
the past couple of months. Music education students are beginning to learn this information in college, becoming comfortable using the tools available in a more efficient way. It is exciting to see that, with better information and improved instruction, we can help our students master these skills, further improving the performance of our ensembles at Butler.
Comments
Post a Comment